Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Education Required: Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
Minimum Years of Experience Required: Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Wendling Quarries, Inc. (WQI) is a family owned and operated business that produces crushed stone, sand and gravel, and asphalt mix for individuals and businesses in eastern Iowa and western Illinois. An increasing portion of our business is in the process of recycled concrete and asphalt. WQI has a reputation of providing quality products and prompt service to our customers. We share a faithful commitment to each other and believe in enhancing and supporting the communities where we live and work.
We take pride in our work and our employees.
Wendling Quarries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are seeking a self-motivated equipment mechanic to join our team. This is a full time position; the primary responsibility is to diagnose, repair and maintain heavy equipment in the shop and in the field as needed. Other duties may include Fabricating or Electrical repairs. This position will require a good driving record and a Class A CDL as travel to quarry sites with a service truck will be necessary.
- CDL- Class A with Tanker endorsement
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of basic mechanics and working knowledge of large equipment
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
The hours for this position include: Monday - Friday with some Saturday work. On average works 45 to 50 hour weeks depending on the season.
Benefits of joining our team:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Disability Insurance
- Per Diem and mileage- Applicable for some locations.
- Paid Holidays
- Flex Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Outings- Adventureland, Golf, and other events throughout the year.
- Health Wellness screening
- Employee Discounts on Materials (Rock, Etc.)
- We offer direct deposit and a weekly pay period
Thank you for your interest in our opportunity, for immediate consideration please click the Apply button above.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.