This is a highly skilled position involving the operation of an asphalt distributor.
- Operate an oil distributor truck
- May oil, grease, service, and make normal adjustments to equipment
- Set spray bar and operate valves and levers at rear of truck to control distribution of oil or bituminous liquid
- Perform preventative maintenance and servicing
- Refer major problems to the supervisor
- Report to our North Liberty oil plant for work
- Work 6 days/week including weekends
- Work days and/or nights as project requires
- Work overtime
- Be at least 18 years old
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Hazmat and tanker endorsement
- Have an insurable driving record
- Able to work 50+ hours weekly
- Walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and sit for 8+ hours of time
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
Like our people, our benefits are some of the best in the area.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Free Life Insurance on employees
- Free Life Insurance on spouse/dependents
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401k Match (matched dollar-for-dollar up to 5% of salary)
- Wellness Program
- Safety Incentive Program
If you’re looking for a rewarding career with great benefits and family culture, LL Pelling could be the place for you. Since 1948, we've built our business on the principles of integrity, quality, and safety. It means we treat our employees like family; we pay well, ensure safe work environments, and offer great benefits - some of the best in the construction industry! Our estimators work hard to secure projects that keep everyone working; employees typically work at least 50 hours/week during the season. If you're looking for an employer with a solid reputation that pays well and treats you right, then join our team!
Pre-employment drug screening employer
Random drug testing employer
Minorities, women, and vets encouraged to apply.
LL Pelling participates in E-verify post-employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese