Iowa Plains Signing is a traffic control company that has been in business for over 35 years. We provide barricade rentals, roadway line striping, temporary barrier rail, pavement marking removals, rumble strips and pavement taping. We work all over the state of Iowa.
We are in the process of hiring workers for the 2018 season. The selected candidates will be involved in the operation and maintenance of road construction equipment and traffic control material. Safely and efficiently operate equipment of various sizes and weights used in road, site or highway construction and pavement markings.
Wages start at $17.25 could be more depending on experience.
• Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
• Having a CDL or willing to get a CDL after hired.
• Comprehend Specifications.
• Report any problems to your supervisor.
• Will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
• Follow directions of Supervisor as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
• Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Supervisor.
• Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
• Perform general labor duties when necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Previous related experience in the construction field and/or training.
The ideal candidate will:
• Pass pre-employment drug screen.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
• Willing to travel and work away from home when necessary.
• Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
• Report to work at the designated start time.
• Be able to work overtime when required.
• Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas
We are an ESOP company - 100% employee owned
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.