Our Blue Grass, Iowa facility is looking for an Asphalt Project Manager/Estimator. The role plans, directs, coordinates, scopes and estimates the completion of projects. The PM will participate in the conceptual development of a project and oversee its organization, scheduling, implementation so that a project can be completed on time and within budget.
Other duties include and not limited to:
Evaluating sites, creating proposals, tracking and participating with client interactions and maintaining the project database. Project Managers will team with sales and communicate with company management to supervise projects and maintain the integrity of the projects.
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to assist in the preparation of time, cost, materials and labor estimates for all phases of project
- Manage project objectives, timelines, budgets, financials and ensure quality control plan is in place for all jobs and plan work accordingly
- Assess and control risk of work proposed and to complete
- Proactive communication with sales, scheduling, management, crews, subcontractors and customers per company expectations; providing onsite direction as needed. Responding to all inquiries on a timely basis.
- Identify, manage and control changes on assigned jobs, including developing change orders
- Maintain and enforce safe work environment, enforcing procedures, standards and rules and regulations.
- Previous asphalt paving experience preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; preferably in construction management
- Valid DL, with good driving record
- Excellent math and geometry skills
- Knowledgeable in and proven abilities with estimating in a paving or construction type environment viewed as a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have ability to interact with external and internal customers and partners in a fast pace, multitasking environment, working independently with a high degree of problem solving
- Proficiency in use of Excel and experience with an estimating package helpful
- Travel required in Muscatine, Scott, and Clinton County areas.
Manatt’s Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Manatt’s Inc. conducts drug screens on applicants who accept employment offers.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English