Job Type: Full-Time, seasonal
Cunningham-Reis is seeking a bridge foreman/superintendent. This position will direct bridge construction by managing and working along side a crew. All work is within the State of Iowa. Overnight stays may be required based on the job location. We are looking for someone who is currently a foreman or a leadman with a positive attitude and the knowledge and ability to safely manage a crew. This position requires a strong understanding of heavy highway and bridge building, heavy equipment operation and safety. NCCCO crane certification is a plus. High school diploma or GED is required. Some college or vocational with focus on construction or construction management is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of bridge experience and a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience. We offer a competitive wage and exceptional benefits package. Our typical work week is Monday through Friday, with the occasional weekend, on average 45-50 hours per week.
Cunningham-Ries, LLC, a division of Manatt's, Inc., is a long established, family owned business based in Van Meter, Iowa that primarily does bridge construction and repair throughout the State of Iowa and also a few private structures. The long range objective of our Company is the continuous development of a growing and prospering business through which customers, employees and the company will benefit.
Cunningham-Reis is an equal opportunity employer that strives to retain its employees and promote from within. Our company offers an approved informal training and promotion program.
This position involves a working knowledge of the various aspects of bridge construction and includes but is not limited to:
- The ability to read and build from plans, blueprints and specs and coordinate all phases of bridge construction
- Train new crew members to work safely and efficiently
- Confer and coordinate with management, subcontractors and inspectors to complete all job phases
- Inspect and perform basic equipment maintenance
- This is a working supervisory position, you must be willing to work alongside your crew as necessary
- Have the organizational skills to maintain and turn in time sheets, inspection logs, traffic control and other necessary paperwork as required
- Maintain a safe job site
- Perform other duties as required
Stand, climb, bend, kneel, lift and balance for extended periods of time
Lift 50+ pounds on a regular basis
Work safely in various adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, rain, snow, mud, etc.
Pre-employment drug and physical screen is required.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Short-term disability insurance
- Flex plan
- Paid holidays
- Wellness program
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Company vehicle
Cunningham-Reis is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.